Monday, October 3, 2011

Why am I running?

Hello,
I recently read that the most important quality of a city council member is an open mind, sense of fairness, logical thinking and willingness to work. I'm just an average person and have alot to learn but, I feel that I have all these important qualities.

I have lived in this community for most of my life and care about the people and what goes on. I have an eye for the future and want to get involved.

I'm a teamplayer. I would not be deciding issues on my own rather I would be working with others to build consensus or at least a majority.

I'm a very positive, approachable person and will listen to the concerns of voters in my district and share my ideas about how to make Marion better.

Right now, Marion is growing and changing. I'm excited about the Uptown project for the city and would enjoy being part of it.

John F. Kennedy once said "one person CAN make a difference, and everyone should try."

I'm hoping to inspire more people to get involved.


Kim

       

No comments:

Post a Comment