Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Why I support the Central Corridor Project as it stands.

First of all, I want to say that I'm concerned about the homes and businesses that will be affected. I'm confident that the city will work with each home and business owner to reach a good outcome for both parties.

I recently went on a tour of the new 6th Avenue route and it seems to make alot of sense to me. There is a large portion that the city owns that is vacant. Right now there are 3 businesses that would need to relocate due to the road. With this new road it would spur investment from larger businesses that would locate along 6th Avenue, which would strengthen the tax base and economy of the city. We currently have an unhealthy balance for a healthy community.

On 7th Avenue I would like to see slower traffic and more pedestrian foot traffic. People that spend money are out of their cars. People tend to judge the vigor of small towns primarily on their mainstreets.

New people are moving to our town and they are looking for the same amenities that they are use to having. It's time for the city to invest in downtown.

I would like to be involved in planning for the future of Marion...a small town, with a bright future.

-Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment